Friday 18 March 2016

Masters has been announced

The dates have been announced and Next Level Games will once again be hosting Eternal MASTERS in 2016. From June 13, hundreds of Magic players will be descending on Dandenong for the largest Eternal weekend of the southern hemisphere. Since 2010, MASTERS has consistently held among the largest Legacy, Vintage, and Highlander events in the county.

Whilst I no longer run these events due to my health I take great pride in what this annual weekend has been able to achieve. Each year has been a improvement over the last and the movement to the Queens birthday weekend was inevitable with its rising popularity. I have managed to attend all of the events held in Dandenong and don't plan on shopping anytime soon. I hope to see the streaming facilities back as they were a fantastic addition last year. Who knows, you may even see me in front of the camera again if I can wrangle it. I thoroughly enjoy proving coverage for eternal Magic events and to have three in a row, all broadcast to the world is a great thing.

Unfortunately we do not have a final dates for these events but I will be letting you know as soon as we have that information. I suspect that we will once again have Vintage on the Saturday (as is tradition), with the Legacy and Highlander on the following days respectively. I must stress that this as only my assumption and we will know for sure closer to the event. We may even be able to organise a change from the usual FNM to something a little more in theme like we did last year.

One pleasant surprise that was not expected before this announcement was made is that the weekend of the event marks the release of Eternal MASTERS the supplementary Magic set. Naturally WotC stole our name and are running with it. I have no doubt that many packs of the new set will be cracked over the weekend in honour of the event.


I hope that I will see as many of you there as possible.  The more people we get the bigger and better the event is and the ledger next years is by proxy. If you have never attended a MASTERS before I can assure you that they have all been among my favourite tournaments ever. If you have any questions about the events or local facilities feel free to let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment